I seriously need simple, quick, easy, fun and delicious when it comes to meal prep, planning, grocery shopping and cooking! Although, I love to cook…I love to play and not be stuck in the kitchen all day. With our crazy busy SuperMomma lives we have to work at being as efficient and effective with our time as possible, right?!
I focus each week on creating very simple, seamless menu for the week. I focus on what snacks I am prepping for the week for me and my family. What 5 dinners I am making, because usually we have left overs and often times we either will grab take out or go out to dinner one night, so 5 is what works for our family to plan for.
I find what recipes I want to make, that look appealing, healthy and that are less then 30 minutes and I create my menu. From there I look at each recipe, write down what ingredients I need from the store and #Boom! This keeps my meal planning and grocery list simple, seamless and easy for me in my crazy busy life. I know that if I don’t plan a little, I don’t get to where I want to go with my health and fitness goals. I also know I am not an extravagant meal planner/prep girl, either. For me this is what works, simple & fun!
I love to try new recipes and I am an open book to share truly what we love, how my family loves it and how simple it is. So below I am going to post up a few of our favorites this past week, that many of you following me on facebook have been asking for.
So here you have them……
Dinner Recipes under 30 minutes…
Paleo Sloppy Joes:
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
3/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 medjool dates, pitted
2/3 cup water (reserved)
russet potatoes (one per person)
Brown the meat in a large pan over medium/high heat and add the onion. Drain any excess grease.
Reduce the head to medium and add in the green pepper, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, dried parsley, and salt. Mix well.
Meanwhile, in a small pot, bring 2/3 cup water to a boil and add the dates. Boil 30-60 seconds, just long enough to significantly
soften the dates. Remove the dates from the pot (reserving the water for later)
Place the dates into a food processor or blender, then add tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Blend well then add to the beef mixture.
Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved date water.
Wash and dry a russet potato. Poke the potato with a fork or knife a few times and then microwave for 5-7 minutes. Until the potato is soft inside.
Serve sloppy joe mixture on top of baked potato and garnish with green onion. They are delish!!
Paleo Pork Egg Roll Bowls:
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced on a bias (white and green parts)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or garlic chili sauce, more to taste
- 14 oz bag coleslaw
- 3 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and white portion of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground pork, ground ginger, sea salt, black pepper and Sriracha. Sauté until the pork is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix, coconut aminos, and rice wine vinegar. Sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
CrockPot Chicken Burrito Bowls
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2 large breasts
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 teaspoons of onion powder
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
3 teaspoons of chili powder
2 teaspoons of cumin
1 teaspoon of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
1 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 3/4 cups of instant whole grain brown rice
½ cup shredded colby jack cheese (optional)
Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts and stir in canned tomatoes, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
Cook on low for about 4 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.
Turn slow cooker to high and stir in instant rice and black beans.
Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
Add chicken back in, cook for 20 minutes on high, or until chicken is warm.
Serve with fresh diced tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, avocados or guacamole, top with cheese.
Serving Size: 1 Cup
21 Day Fix: 1 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Green
Healthy Family Friendly Snacks….
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins
- 1/2 c vanilla vegan protein powder (can omit or use whey)
- 1 large banana
- 3/4 c natural peanut butter (I used Buff Bake high protein PB)
- 1/4 c sugar free maple syrup (or agave/pure maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 c natural sweetener (can sub in coconut palm sugar to make it a little more brown sugar-y)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a 12 hole mini muffin tray with silicon muffins molds or baking paper and set a side.
- Place all ingredients, except the choc chips, into the blender. Blend on high for a minute or so until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the choc chips * do not blend them just mix in with a spoon*
- Spoon one tablespoon of the batter into each muffin hole, the batter should fill approx. 3/4 of the muffin hole.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on your oven- muffins should be slightly springy and an inserted toothpick will come out slightly dirty), allow muffins to sit in the tray for 10 mins.
- Place muffins on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Chocolate, Banana, Coconut Superfood Pudding
1 Scoop Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
2 Tblsp Raw unsweetened Coconut
1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut milk unsweetened
Combine all ingredients in to your blender and blend together until smooth. Scrape sides and blend again. Add more or less milk, based on the consistency you are looking for. ENJOY!!!
Flourless Blueberry Oat Muffins
2 C. Rolled oats
2 Tblsp. Chia Seeds
2 Tblsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp. Cinnamon
💦Wet Ingredients: 💦
3 mashed bananas
1 c. Frozen blueberries
1/2 c. Natural peanut butter
2 egg whites, 1 yolk
1/4 c. Raw honey
1 Tblsp. Coconut oil
Splash of Almond milk
Mix wet/dry ingredients separately, then fold dry ingredients into wet. Enjoy!!
Bake at 300 for 30 minutes. These bad boys are delicious!!!
5 Crazy Quick High-Protein Meals for Busy Mamas
Knowing what foods contain which nutrients and quick ways to prepare food is key. This download will give you the cheat sheet to healthier meals for the whole family!Download my recipes